Wed, Dec 07|
Bella Vista Public Library
Helping Anxious Kids
Dealing with a lot of worry at home? Is anxiety getting in the way for your family to live their lives to the fullest? Join me at this Parent Night to learn skills to help reduce anxiety in your school-aged children.
Time & Location
Dec 07, 2022, 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
Bella Vista Public Library, 11 Dickens Pl, Bella Vista, AR 72714
About the event
About the Event: Anxiety is one of the most common mental illnesses in both youth and adults, and it can be difficult to navigate when it enters your home. This event is specifically designed for parents and caregivers to:
- Be more informed about what anxiety is in children 5-12 years old
- Identify skills parents can use to reduce anxiety in their homes
- Apply these skills to real-life examples in a safe space
About the Speaker: Luke Jackson, LPC, NCC is a licensed professional counselor in the state of Arkansas. Luke specializes in working with children and teens with anxiety and mood disorders. He enjoys helping parents feel more equipped and confident, and helping families become unstuck from anxiety's grasp. Luke has years of experience giving engaging presentations to schools, non-profits, and religious organizations.
What to Expect:
- The Workshop portion will begin at 5:30 PM in the Community Room. This hour of time will consist of lecture, Q & A, and 'trying on' skills to use when anxiety flares up within your family.
- Snacks and Drinks provided.
- Childcare will not be provided during this event.
- Minimum of 7 participants for event to occur. If the event does not occur, you will receive a full refund.
Adult Participant: $5 This ticket price includes admission to the Parent Night presentation on Anxiety and Worry by Luke Jackson, LPC, NCC. One ticket is required for each adult or child attending to account for food and childcare costs.$5.00+$0.13 service fee