Sun, Oct 23|
Flagstone Church of Christ
Helping Anxious Tweens
Dealing with a lot of worry at home? Is anxiety getting in the way for your family to live their lives to the fullest? Join me at this Parent Night to learn skills to help reduce anxiety in your kids and/or teens.
Time & Location
Oct 23, 2022, 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM
Flagstone Church of Christ, 3801 SW Eden Brooke St, Bentonville, AR 72712, USA
About the event
About the Event: Anxiety is one of the most common mental illnesses in both youth and adults, and it can be difficult to navigate when it enters your home. This event is specifically designed for parents and caregivers to:
- Be more informed about what anxiety is in children and adolescents
- Identify skills parents can use to reduce anxiety in their homes
- Apply these skills to real-life examples in a safe space
About the Speaker: Luke Jackson, LPC, NCC is a licensed professional counselor in the state of Arkansas. Luke specializes in working with children and teens with anxiety and mood disorders. He enjoys helping parents feel more equipped and confident, and helping families become unstuck from anxiety's grasp. Luke has years of experience giving engaging presentations to schools, non-profits, and religious organizations.
What to Expect:
- Once you arrive, those who have registered will receive a meal from Panera Bread.
- Childcare will be provided in the same building by qualified babysitters.
- The Workshop portion will begin at 6:00 PM in the 'Hub.' This hour of time will consist of lecture, and 'trying on' skills to use when anxiety flares up within your family.
Dinner and ArrivalsMain room
Adult Participant: $15 This ticket price includes a boxed meal from Panera Bread, Childcare, and admission to the Parent Night presentation on Anxiety and Worry by Luke Jackson, LPC, NCC. One ticket is required for each adult or child attending to account for food and childcare costs.$15.00+$0.38 service fee
This ticket includes a meal from Panera Bread and childcare during the event.$5.00+$0.13 service fee